Friday, April 27, 2012

'Read Between the Lines' Mani

I have a cute mani I did a couple days ago to show you today.  I called it Read Between the Lines.  Take a look and see why :)












                                                 Here's the line up for this manicure...

First, I used Sinful Colors in Dressed To Kill from their new Wow! Pop! collection.  The display for this collection has a couple of comic-bookish-super-hero-women on it...I like that Sinful took this approach...maybe a wink and a nod to the OPI Spiderman Collection though the colors are not the same.


Dressed To Kill is a bright, barbie-pink creme that goes on opaque in two coats.  It's a happy energetic color that makes me think of summer.  Love it!

Next I used Sally Hansen Complete Manicure in NYC Lights on my middle digit only.  See where the whole Read Between the Lines thing is going??

NYC Lights is a pretty sheer black polish with fine holo glitter throughout it.  I used two coats but it really could have used a third to reach the level of opacity that I like on my nails.  It's almost like a jelly in that it has that build-able color quality to it.  The glitter in it isn't really very noticeable on the nail either.  It's very subtle and gives just a little something to what would otherwise be a very plain sheer black.  That's why I like this polish.

The final polish I used was a Jordana polish in Pink Hearts.  This one would be super cute in a V-Day mani as well...I'll have to remember it come February.  For now, it was sitting there looking too cute to pass up and it made the perfect topper for this mani.


Pink Hearts has light pink satin finish hearts surrounded by small holo-glitter in a clear-ish, maybe tinted pink?? base.  It's hard to tell.  I'm not sure how many coats you'd need to reach opacity my guess would be a ton, this polish was really intended for layering.  The placement of the hearts is time consuming you have to sort of fish them out of the bottle and place them on you nail... a real pain but worth it because it came out so cute!



A macro shot  of Pink Hearts so you can see all the fabulous things going on in this polish.


I used two coats of RUSH top coat but I think it could have benefited from something a little thicker.  Seche Vite or my beloved 'old-school-model' of Orly Sealon top coat.





Thanks for taking the time to look at this mani.  I have to take the time to apologize for the photo quality here.  My camera is a good one but I don't have a light box so I'm working it out...bear with me.

I'd love to hear any comments or answer any questions you might have.

Have a Beautiful Day!

XOXO

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment