Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Polish Strips...On Clearance!!! + Swatches (Very Pic Heavy)


In the past couple of weeks I have spotted some amazing deals, one of which I am going to fill you in on now...

This past week-end I went in to K-Mart because they are having a sale on Jordana cosmetics.  It's buy one get one 50% off.  (Sale is good through Saturday 4/28/12) I picked up a couple of their polishes and they're great but that's not what I'm so excited about...


I found an end cap with a few clear plastic bins on the shelves filled with clearanced cosmetics, jewelry, etc...  So naturally being a deal-driven gal I started rooting around in them and came up with these...

Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips...For $2.50!!  Score!


These retail for anywhere between $8-$11 in the drug stores so when I saw the price I had to invite them into my shopping basket.  I can't speak to how well these work because I've never tried them or anything like them.  For me, it was the price.  I have been waiting for a sale + rewards or coupon type of scenario but I didn't figure I was going to be able to get them any cheaper than this.


A close up... how stinkin' cute are these??





These are in #230 Skinny Jeans





These were the only patterned ones I found.  The rest were solid colors.  This was the only one I picked up because honestly if I'm going to fool with fitting them, sticking them on, & then filing them...I want it to be a cute pattern.  I can paint my nails a solid color faster than that.  I'll be reviewing these as soon as I have a chance to try them. :)




Here's what else joined my shopping basket at K-Mart:


Jordana polish in Celestial & Pink Hearts
Sally Hansen Complete Manicure polish in Peachy Keen

See that sticker on the Sally Hansen bottle?  It's hard to see but that says... $0.80!!  That particular polish usually retails for around $8, so even though the color didn't really scream PICK ME! I did.  I could see it being a part of a really cute french mani.  The Jordana polish was BOGO 50% off.  They retail for $1.99 each so that brought me to a whopping $2.99 or something for two polishes...not too shabby.


Labels as they appear on the bottles...
Left: Sally Hansen polish;   Right: Jordana polish



Celestial is a teal/aqua glitter in a tinted base.  It has large and small pieces of glitter.  Might be nice over black??  We'll see. 

Pink Hearts has light pink satin finished hearts surrounded by small holo glitter in a what appears to be clear base..may be tinted pink...hard to tell.  I will be using this in a manicure very soon!  Cute!

Peachy Keen is a pale peach creme.  I'm not sure about the formula on this one but the other complete Manicure polish I own is pretty sheer so we'll see.



...and some more...
Broadway Nails Nail Dress & the Sally Hansen Salon Effects




I couldn't find a shade name for these but there is a number on them in the top right hand corner of the package.  These were $0.54!!  They're sort of a silver metallic fish net stocking finish.  Very beautiful.




Wet-N-Wild single eye shadow in Penny....$0.49!!

I already own this shade and it is one of my favorites.  Definitely a go-to in the summer when my skin gets nice and tan!  I believe that this shade is being discontinued and that is why it's been clearanced.  It's too bad.  This is the most gorgeous copper color I've ever seen.  It has a rose colored sheen to it that is just beautiful. 

See...

Swatched on my forearm- no primer, no flash and ...Ahem...pardon my very pale skin.

I plan to review all of these products as soon as I can...

In the meantime tell me do you plan to check out your K-Mart for a bargain bin?  Have you spotted one already?  What did you get?  Do you own any of these products already?  What do you think of them?

I'd love to hear from you and appreciate any and all comments and questions.

Have a Beautiful Day!


XOXO

T.






No comments:

Post a Comment