Monday, April 30, 2012

Spoiled by Wet-N-Wild Swatch and Review

Spoiled is a fairly recent line produced by Wet-N-Wild.  I don't have many of their shades which is surprising to me because they retail for $1.99.  They are exclusive to CVS as far as I can tell and they come in a ton of on trend shades.  The fact that they are exclusive to CVS is probably why I don't have many.  I don't frequent CVS as much as Rite-Aid or Walgreens...don't know why that is.  I swear the manager at Rite-Aid must think I'm loopy.  I'm in there so often I can hardly look him the eyes anymore...I suppose many of us with the same cosmetic obsession/affliction suffer from this side affect.  Sigh... No matter, on with the swatch and review of a really beautiful shade....


For your viewing pleasure, I present...



Wet-N-Wild's Spoiled line in...Are Mermaids Real?

This polish is just gorgeous!!  I'm not really a huge fan of this shade of purple but the gold shimmer in it sold me.

It's comparable to Orly Oui, Mermaids but it's not as dark as the Orly polish.  Are Mermaids Real? is more of a lighter purple shade and I don't think the gold shimmer is as bold as the Orly.  They're not dupes but more like cousins.  If you wanted the Orly polish and didn't want to spend the extra cash... the Spoiled polish would suffice, unless your a gal with a passion for the purples then by all means get both!


 A closer look...

Left: Are Mermaids Real? with flash.

Right: Are Mermaids Real? without flash.



Sorry about the state of my nails... also this shot makes it hard to see all the pretty gold flecks throughout this polish.  This is two coats Are Mermaids Real?, one top coat, taken with flash.

The formula on this one is fine and covered quite nicely with two coats, no issues.  The brush is one of those wide spatula type brushes that, depending on your nail size, you could easily cover your entire nail in one coat.  Having said this I must mention one thing... 

My only issue with this polish is that occasionally the ends of the brushes are a bit wonky.  I just use a pair of nail scissors to snip off any stragglers...problem solved and for a $2 polish it's not that huge of a deal because the formula on all the shades that I've tried is pretty good, covering in two coats.

My final word on this polish...Its reasonable price, good formula, & the fact that there exists a shade for literally everyone makes this a great buy for any budget conscious beauty.

Do you have any of the Spoiled polishes by Wet-N-Wild?  If you do I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

Have you spotted any deals that you'd like to pass along?  If you have share them on my new  'Beauty By You'  page.  Because... The only thing better than hitting up a sale is being able to share it with others.

Have a Beautiful Day!!

XOXO

T.     

No comments:

Post a Comment