Thursday, April 26, 2012

Walgreens mini-Haul

Today's post is for all you Sinful Colors lovers out there.  Honestly sometimes the formula disappoints me with this brand but when I look at my ever growing nail polish collection it leaves little room to debate what my favorite drugstore brand is.  The colors are amazing and Sinful definitely knows how to do a decent glass flecked polish.


 


This week Walgreens is having a sale on Sinful Colors nail polish for 0.99!!  Woo-hoo!  The brand usually retails for 1.99 which is still a great deal but occasionally Walgreens puts them on sale for 0.99 and when they do.. that's when I stock up.  The sale is good through this Saturday 4/28/12...FYI ;)

I limited myself to four (although I had six picked out and put two back, two that will nag at me until I go back and purchase them, should have listened to my inner polish hoarder I guess :)

Three are colors that I've had my eye on for awhile and are from Sinful's core collection.  The other I haven't seen before and I tried searching it out some other nail blogs for swatches or mention of it to no avail.  I also tried Sinful's website but it was down but more on the elusive mystery polish in a bit...




                                  From left to right: Frenzy; Dream On; Hazard; & Blue By You




The names and numbers as they appear on the labels:



                                                                                 &




Frenzy is a small blue and purple circular shaped glitter in a clear base.  This one is a close dupe of Nicole by OPI Gone Wishin.  The only difference, besides the price tag, is the glitter in the OPI version is more sparse.

Dream On (Aerosmith song ensues...) is the most beautiful shade of neon purple creme.  I have other shades like this but the purple-y-pink-y polishes just seem to beckon to me.  It dries matte like most neon's do but a nice shiny top coat clears this issue up if a matte finish is not your thing.

Hazard is a lovely peach creme with a subtle but beautiful shimmer running through it.  I have other colors in my collection like this but none have the shimmer.  Perfect for pedi's in the Spring/Summer season.

& last but not least...

Blue By You is a medium blue glass flecked polish with a greenish-gold cast to it.  It is similar to the Wet-N-Wild Fast Dry shade called Teal of Fortune but definitely not as dark.  I don't think I have anything quite like this one.  It's a real stunner for a 0.99 polish.  This is the one I couldn't hunt down any swatches or even a mention of.  I found it right in the core line display with the rest of these.  I don't know if the name is supposed to imply something...like Sinful snuck one in...??  Blue By You...  That would be interesting.

A closer look:

Blue By You Without flash

Probably the more accurate version of what the color actually looks like.



 Another close-up:

Blue By You With flash

This makes it appear much lighter and brighter than it actually is but you can sort of see the gold/green shimmer that it has.


I'll be posting swatches of these colors for you in the near future so be on the look out.

All in all, some really beautiful shades at a great price.  Have you picked up any Sinful Polish for 0.99 this week?  If you have I'd love to hear about them.  Also, if anyone has any info on the Blue By You color I'd really like to hear it. 

Thanks for taking the time to look.  I'd love to hear any of your comments and answer any questions.

XOXO

T.







No comments:

Post a Comment