Saturday, May 5, 2012

gud by Burt's Bees Orange Petalooza Review

Good Morning!!

Burt's Bees is a brand I use everyday.  From their famed lip balm to their lotions, I haven't used anything I've been disappointed with.  I love that they're mostly natural and they smell amazing.  When they came out with the gud line I was super excited about one of the scents in particular....Orange Petalooza.  I remember getting all excited when I spotted first at Target.  I snatched up the tester bottle of body lotion, opened it , and took a whiff all the while praying that it smelled like orange blossoms and guess what?...


...it totally did!  I think my heart skipped a beat.  I love orange blossom scented anything.  It's such a fresh, clean, and light smell that you can wear it anywhere without it being offensive.  There are some products out there claiming to smell of orange blossom and then you try them out and...not so much.  They usually smell like straight up oranges, not orange blossom...they are very different scents...one is a fruit the other, a flower.  But this one...wonderful and refreshing. 

gud by Burt's Bees comes in four scents: Orange Petalooza, Floral Cherrynova, Vanilla Flame, and Pearanormal Activity

All four scents come in: Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, Body Butter, Body Lotion, Fragrance Mist, Hand Soap, and Hand Cream that range in price from $4.99 - $6.99, a good price for gud.... It's a whole line of product so that you can smell like your favorite scent from head to toe and they are all paraben, pthalate, and petrochemical free, plus they never test on animals.

I purchased the body lotion in Orange Petalooza while it was on sale at Walgreens a couple months ago.  It was on sale for $5 and I had a $1 off coupon and as if that wasn't good enough, the cashier at the beauty counter dug out another Walgreens coupon for $1 off, bless her heart!  That brought me down to $3 for this awesome lotion!!

I purchased the 'fragrance mist', as it is called, really it's a body spray, in Orange Petalooza at Ulta for $6.99, for 3 oz.  For me, this isn't something I was crazy about.  3 oz. is not a lot of product for that price but it was one of those things...I'm crazy about the scent so I had to have it.  The body lotion and the fragrance mist are the only things I have tried from this line so far.
 
gud by Burt's Bees in Orange Petalooza
fragrance mist, 3 fl oz. and body lotion, 8 fl oz.

The body lotion is great.  I use it after my shower and it leaves my skin feeling well moisturized and smelling fantastic for hours.  It is something I will purchase again and again.

Now, the fragrance mist on the other hand, I will not be doing that again.  It smells great but doesn't last more than a few minutes.  After it dries down you're left with the faintest, barely detectable scent of something floral.  It just isn't strong enough for me and believe me when I say, I do not like overpowering scents.  I'm not sure if it's just this particular scent or if it's the formula but after such a great experience with the staying power of the lotion, I was a touch disappointed.... especially since I had spent more than I really wanted to on it.

Having said that, they work beautifully in tandem, which is really how matching lotions and body sprays are supposed to be used.

With my massive stash of lotions and body butters and sprays I have my pick but I find myself reaching for this again and again.  Burt's Bees, you've done it again...another great product, that is kind to my skin and friendly to the environment.

How about you?  Have you tried any of these?  Have you had a similar experience with the 'fragrance mist'?  I'd love to hear you thoughts and comments.

Have a Beautiful Day!

XOXO

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment