Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sinful Colors Frenzy Gradient-Nails + Swatches

This is a fun and super easy mani I did over the weekend using a Sinful Colors polish called Frenzy

I usually like glitter over a solid polish but after trying this I might just start wearing glitter solo more often...

Check it out and see why...





I've never done a 'gradient' nail before so it isn't perfect, I'm sure, but I think it came out okay.  What do you think?


This is Frenzy with the flash.


This is Frenzy without the flash.


For this look, I worked in three layers.
First, I used one coat Frenzy over the entire nail.
Next, I applied a second coat starting a third of the way down the nail, going all the way to the tip.
Then, I applied a third coat starting two-thirds of the way down the nail, going all the way to the tip.
Last, I used a top coat to even it all up.

I like the way it looks like I dipped my nails in a bowl-ful of glitter...This technique gives my nails a sort of ethereal look that reminds me of fairies for some reason:)


Frenzy contains small, circular shaped purple & blue glitter in a clear base. It applied pretty easily for a glitter and would be opaque in 3 coats.  It dries fairly quick, as is the case with most glitters.  It would be really pretty over a nice deep blue, purple, or even black.  Sinful Colors Frenzy is a pretty close dupe for Nicole by OPI Gone Wishin.  The difference being...the glitter in Frenzy is denser, which depending on how you look at it, is a good thing... making this a better deal at $1.99.


A close up of Frenzy, so you can see the glitter, which is pretty true to actual color here.


Sinful Colors comes in a wide variety of shades and retails for $1.99/ polish.  You can find them at
 Rite-Aid and Walgreens.

How about you, have you tried a gradient manicure with glitter? 
I'd love to hear from you, so leave a comment.

Have a Beautiful Day!


XOXO,

T.



No comments:

Post a Comment